Programs - MANAGING EMPLOYEES IN STRESSFUL TIMES
The purpose of this program is to provide education and support for
supervisors in being able to recognize the harmful effects of stress on the health, safety,
and work performance of their employees. The program is specifically oriented toward helping
managers handle their own stress, and thus deal more successfully
with the stress and conflict among their employees.
Resources online include a powerful self scoring instrument, the Coping And Stress ProfileŠ,
RI's Pre Seminar Survey on the Stress of Change and a 70 minute audio presentation online by Dr. Pennington that overviews basic concepts that also includes his signature story of being shot in the center of his chest by an unknown assailant armed with a 38 caliber handgun.
- Explain ways that stress can affect the body, the mind, the emotions,
and the quality of living.
- Clarify how to recognize symptoms of stress, and take steps to deal effectively with change.
- Help supervisors and managers understand the difference between
providing coaching on work performance and encouraging counseling for
- Assist supervisors in being aware of and accepting the mantel of authority that comes
with their position, and the unconscious ways it can affect employees.
- Present and practice techniques for addressing conflicts, and
building more understanding and a sense of support during years
of consistent change.
- Create more open communication and build supportive relationships
between supervisors, administrators and staff.
- Use a three stage model for giving bad news and constructive feedback when
- Be able to encourage employees to look for positive possibilities
in the upcoming changes, and utilize the remaining time and available assets in a
positive effort to plan future goals, overcome adversity, and relieve the
fear of the unknown.
- Motivate employees to continue business as usual, even in
extraordinary circumstances when the workload continues to increase.
- Highly interactive
- Course will be approximately 30% presentation, with activities, exercises, group and
- Available support materials include: workbook and audio tapes
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Two days
- The course time and content can be customized to fit the client's needs.
Houston, TX. 77098,