TEAM DEVELOPMENT: TOGETHER EVERYONE ACHIEVES MORE
16 Teambuilding Points To Remember
Five fundamental principles and
four basic processes
to make certain that your
team development initiative works.
Download FREE document (pdf).
CUSTOMIZATION MIGHT BE NEEDED
Following is a description of a generalized training program in how to work better as a team. But if you already have an intact team, a group of people who have a history of working together, then a more customized approach
is more likely required.
Training alone is insufficient to address habits of dealing ineffectively with conflicts or a history of organizational dysfunction. However, significant progress can be made when team members are adequately prepared. RI provides a four-step process of preparation with evaluation/diagnosis, short technique-focused trainings, structured team-work activities guided by RI's skilled facilitators, and ongoing executive coaching. During these activities team members collaborate on identified work issues while practicing specific techniques to resolve conflicts
and clarify decision making
Video References from RI Clients
Dennis Peterson, President
Lockwood, Andrews & Newman, Inc
More comments by Dennis Peterson.
Sue Burnett, CEO
More comments by Sue Burnett.
Doreen Wise, CEO
Medical Research Consultants
More comments by Doreen Wise.
A sample proposal describing RI's Four Phase Teambuilding Program is available. You can request a PDF copy by clicking here: Request Four Phase Teambuilding Program PDF.
A sample Internet accessed survey can be viewed by clicking here: Internet team functioning survey.
References for our success in this area are available on our RI Reference Page.
Individual success at work is becoming more dependent on the ability to work well with others. People are put into a group and call it a "team," but this label alone does not give the ability or knowledge to make the team effective. Performance evaluations now include "teaming," but few people understand the concept or have the skills necessary to succeed. Fortunately, this increasingly important knowledge is learnable.
Your employees will learn how to work better together as a team in this engaging, entertaining and impactful program. They will learn how to function as a team, primarily by being better able to handle the inevitable disagreements which exist. They will realize that their personal success now depends on the success of others and they will have the tools to make that success a reality.
- Mission Possible Simulation
- Information processing Exercise
- Process and content—the words and the music
- Team Relationship and Task Leadership Skills
- The Decision-Making Grid
- The Consensus Flowchart
- Strength Building Exercise
- Five Square Exercise
- Industrial vs. information Age styles of supervision and leadership
- Increase cooperation, reduce resistance.
- Observe how your teams works.
- Explore Basic Paradigms of Success.
- Balance individual vs./ team priorities.
- Identify blocks to your team’s success.
- Get your team to diagnose its own problems and solutions.
- Learn different leadership skills for different situations.
- Increase constructive confrontation.
- Commit to succeeding — together — even when resistance exists.
- A Leader is Anyone who Influences
- Learn how to share the leadership function.
- Foster team interdependence.
- Create a Plan for a Winning Team.
- Apply techniques and models to real world situations.
- Highly interactive.
- Course will be approximately 30% presentation, with activities, exercises, group and dyad discussions.
- Available support materials include: workbook, audio tapes, video tape, reminder cards, reminder mug.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Two days
- The course time and content can be customized to fit the client’s needs.
Houston, TX. 77098,