Programs - VALUING DIVERSITY IN SUCCESSFUL WORK RELATIONSHIPS
Most diversity training addresses only the major differences of race, gender and age. Many more differences impact
how effectively employees deal with each other, e.g.., socio-economic levels, manager/employee, education, areas of
USA (even parts of Texas), etc. The tendency is to take these differences personally, even if this is done unintentionally.
To function more effectively with a co-worker who is different than you requires integrated training model based
on "differences in beliefs." To put this concept into perspective, two different instruments can be used.
1) The Myers Briggs Type Indicator and
2) The Discovering Diversity Profile
- Discovering Diversity Profile
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator
- The Family A/Family B Model of Paradigms
- Organizations as Step-Families
- The Emotional Computer Model
- Address individual concerns and set objectives
- Explore definitions of diversity
- Understand why diversity is an important business issue
- Consider factors in diversity beyond race and gender
- Explore how stereotypes influence our behavior unconsciously
- Receive personalized feedback about four basic areas of diversity:
Knowledge, Understanding, Acceptance, Behavior/Skills
- Explore factors which affect our perceptions of others: values, biases, projection, behavioral style
- Use the Intrapersonal Awareness Model to better understand:
- Messages we present to others
- Messages we have been sent by others
- Messages we give ourselves
- Build leverage through understanding
- Establish High Impact Communication models as ground rules
- Recognize common ways people react to new information
- Define your ideal workplace, develop action steps to achieve
- Highly interactive
- Course will be approximately 30% presentation, with activities, exercises, group and dyad discussions.
- Available support materials include: workbook, audio tapes, video tape, reminder cards, reminder mug.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- One to three days
- The course time and content can be customized to fit the client’s needs.
Contact: Stephen Haslam
Houston, TX. 77098,