Programs - MASTERING EMOTIONS IN THE WORKPLACE
Everyone has a mind that thinks and a mind that feels. Learning how to have these
two parts of your own mind work together more effectively is a criteria for long term success.
Daniel Goleman, in his book by the same name, coined the term Emotional Intelligence.
He defines five basic social and emotional competencies that determine a person's emotional
intelligence, including self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy and social skills.
This program builds upon these competencies and introduces The Emotional Computer,
a unique model for making sense of seemingly irrational emotions. A unique process will be presented
for understanding and transforming the natural tendency to worry into it's more proactive alternative
of creating action plans towards a goal. The Five Levels of Clear Communication and Nine Step
Process For Mastering Emotions give you step by step techniques
to become a well balanced person with high EQ both at work and at home.
- Recognize emotions as something you are doing rather than happening to you.
- Identify and understand the importance of EQ competencies.
- Know an effective process for moving through difficult emotions.
- Learn to manage anger in productive ways in both self and others.
- Utilize simple tools to support your own emotional health.
- Recognize the habit of worry and be able to turn it more quickly into it's
"Positive Opposite Possibility" - a goal!
- Give you communication models to express your own emotions clearly and
- Give you strategies to deal successfully with emotional people.
- Know available resources when emotions become overwhelming.
- Prepare an action plan for yourself.
- Highly interactive
- Course will be approximately 30% presentation, with activities, exercises, group and
- Available support materials include: workbook and audio tapes
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- One day
- The course time and content can be customized to fit the client's needs.
Houston, TX. 77098,