The primary goal of High Impact Communication is to reduce resistance
to improving any performance which can increase the bottom line.
Participants will use workbook pages and small group discussions
to reach specific objectives related to reducing misunderstandings,
improve negotiations, and hear more than is being said.
You can purchase access to our online web based training modules
- The Martial Art of Communication©:
Participants learn a practical approach to reducing conflict that
goes beyond the traditional clarifying one's understanding of
what is being said, to pulling out of another what isn't being
said, which is often more critical and challenging. The result
is an increased ability to influence in a positive and respectful
Three Questions That Eliminate Misunderstanding©:
Participants come to realize the power that flows to the person
who knows the majority of disagreements result from some misunderstanding.
Three categories of disagreement and strategies for creating agreements
out of each category are presented.
- Five Levels of Clear Communication©:
These five levels focus on distinguishing 1) the facts from 2)
valuable opinions and judgments; 3) recognize and responsibly
express emotions; 4) identify meaning and importance, and 5) clarify
expectations and requests for action steps.
- Six Stages in Negotiating Supportive Agreements©:
Participants will follow a step-by-step process to eliminate misunderstandings,
identify common ground when differences exist with other team
members on essential work issues before progressing to creating
new, more mutually supportive agreements and action steps.
- Feedback Guidelines in the Workplace: Participants will discuss 14 aspects
of what is appropriate and what is inappropriate in relation
to giving and receiving feedback in a professional setting.
- The Three Steps in Giving Constructive Criticism: The Feedback Sandwich Technique©:
Giving feedback is only effective if it makes
a difference. Getting the person to want to hear constructive
feedback plus offer suggestions for how they could be supported
in implementing a behavior change is outlined through a three
step process: Appreciate the Person, Challenge the Behavior (using
5 levels described above) and Support the Change.
- Use principles of the Martial Arts to reduce resistance and
gain leverage with co-workers and customers.
- Apply the Feedback Sandwich model to typical workplace scenarios
to give clear, direct, supportive, and constructive critique.
- Resolve 50-90% of disagreements and misunderstandings.
- Reduce the resistance of others to your point of view.
- Commitment to Action: At the end of each module, participants review all techniques, recommendations, and
personal discoveries from the class, and individually choose one thing they will practice to build a new habit for
creating successful work relationships.
- Highly interactive
- Course will be approximately 30% presentation, with activities, exercises, group and dyad discussions.
- Available support materials include: workbook, CDs, video tape, reminder cards, reminder mug.
- Facilitator package is available for in-house training with video tape, audio tapes, Facilitator Instruction manual,
and Participant manuals.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- One to three days
- The course time and content can be customized to fit the client’s needs.
Houston, TX. 77098,